Clean Energy Action works to accelerate the transition to a post-fossil-fuel world by:
- Educating citizens on the impacts of fossil fuel use and on clean energy options
- Supporting data-driven, informed action in coal- and gas-reliant states
- Conducting and disseminating research on coal supplies, gas extraction, and renewable energy technologies
- Driving energy democracy by engaging stakeholders about the future of public utilities and energy generation
- Envisioning the integrated renewable energy future
Based in Boulder, Colorado Clean Energy Action works at the local, state and national level on issues related to clean energy and climate change mitigation.
CEA aims to achieve its goals through Citizen Power by inspiring, training, and empowering citizens to advocate for decreased reliance on fossil fuels and nuclear power, and through increased reliance on clean energy such as energy efficiency and renewable power.
Despite some attempts in recent years by oil & gas interests to co-opt the term “clean energy” as a description that only excludes coal, Clean Energy Action does not support replacing coal sources with gas, and instead looks to truly clean sources of power.
Clean Energy Action
PO Box 1399
Boulder, CO 80306