Zeroing out Boulder’s Transportation Emissions
An evening of conversation with Will Toor and others!
Join us for a balmy mid-summer evening discussion of what it’s going to take for Boulder’s transportation system to meet the city’s Climate Commitment (an 80% reduction in emissions by 2050). Our speaker will be none other than Boulder’s own former Mayor and County Commissioner, Will Toor, who will present a new Boulder-specific look at climate neutral transportation from the Transportation program at the Southwest Energy Efficiency Project.
As with most climate action, getting transportation emissions under control will take a variety of aggressive strategies all working together, including creating a more livable, walkable and bikeable city, reducing overall vehicle miles traveled, and shifting away from fossil fuels in our motor vehicles.
In keeping with our Speakeasy format, Will’s presentation will be short and provocative — no more than half an hour — with plenty of time for questions, discussion and mingling before and afterward. We will have folks representing a variety of different low-carbon land use and transportation options and organizations on hand including:
- Zane Selvans, Will Toor and others from Better Boulder, a new civic organization advocating for sustainable, human-scale urbanism in Boulder.
- Several members of the Community Cycles Advocacy Committee Boulder’s non-profit bike shop and advocacy organization.
- Ryan Balciar from The Cruiser Boutique, purveyor of fine cargo bikes.
- Nigel Zeid from Boulder Nissan, selling the all electric Nissan Leaf.
- Karen Worminghaus, the Executive Director of eGo Carshare, Boulder’s non-profit carsharing organization.
- Rene Goldberg from Pete’s Electric Bikes, downtown on Pearl.
- Bonnie Lucara from Commute Matters, a new metro area commute optimization platform.
- Adam Stenftenagel from Snugg Home, a local energy efficiency company looking at novel financing mechanisms combining electric vehicles, energy efficiency improvements, and rooftop solar into one combined product.
- David Adamson from Eco Build, who is working to create a retrofit eco-district in North Boulder.
Featured image Creative Commons licensed by Mark Stosberg on Flickr